Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ray of sunshine

It has been raining here for 2 days straight. Hard. So hard that I was thinking I might need to put my crafty skills to use to build an arc. Soccer tournament cancelled, basements flooding everywhere (not ours- by a hair, thank God!). Gloomy.

And then....remember that Anna Maria Horner order I mentioned? Well, I took my little Canada Customs bill and went to the post office and paid up- and brought home my own little ray of sunshine. Who said money can't buy happiness?



All of this fabric was bought BY me FOR me for Mother's Day. Earmarked to specifically be used to make quilts for ME- though it may be years before I have time to get to it all! But that's okay, in the meantime it makes me happy just to look at it. I had gone to town- I bought the zig zag quilt kit, made with the Gold Folks line. The colors are beautiful, and I can visualize snuggling up with it at the cottage with a cup of tea and good book.


Then, the Little Folks line. I love the buttery feel of the voile, so many had blogged about it and it did not disappoint. I could pet it all day! And such vibrant colors! I had been inspired by Ashley's string quilt made with this line on Film in the Fridge, seen here. I don't know if I will make one in the same style or another, but I know with this fabric, it will be gorgeous.




Ahhhh, the high that comes from fabric!
Oh, and by the way, rainy days means crafting time....another baby quilt almost completed! Hopefully binding will be done this week. I think it is my best yet!
Kristie

No comments: