Thursday, September 6, 2012

the most wonderful time of the year....


I couldn't resist posting some pictures of the kids on their first day of school today. We have had a great summer full of fun, but let me tell you...it was time to return to routine! Little monkeys were bouncing off the walls this last week or so. AND, it will be nice to find a quiet hour here or there in my own house to do some crafting!

This year was extra monumental in that Last But Not Least started Kindergarten. She is more than ready to follow her siblings to the "big kid school," and it certainly simplifies things for me to have them all in one place, but of course this moment did pull at my heart strings a bit.


I took the day off work and, to celebrate her first day, she and I shared a special "Mommy and Me" afternoon which included her favourite lunch and a trip to do some pottery painting. We made a plate with her handprint to commemorate the big day!





And the "big" kids just keep getting bigger. The Middle Child is now in Second Grade...



...and it is Grade 3 for Big G!


Onward and upward!

10 comments:

Katie B said...

You already know this but...your kids are awesome.

Katie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Certainly a momentous occasion in any mum's life! Glad it seems to have gone well.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

You have cute kids...but can I just say, 5, 7 and 8=tired mama!

Little Island Quilting said...

Awwwwwww

Shay said...

They look so cute (and happy to be going back to school - what's up with that ? )

Tiara said...

I don't know what I am going to do when mine goes to school, look at your pictures is already making me teary eyed

bethanndodd said...

Hope everyone had a fabulous first day! Smiles~Beth

Elizabeth E. said...

Your kids are so adorable!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

cute kiddos! :)