Sunday, March 17, 2013

Luck of the Irish

I have been feeling green this weekend, which is fitting seeing as it is St. Patrick's Day and all! I have been working on my Emerald Challenge for the Sew-vivor contest, and also put the finishing touches on my min/pillow cover for the Pantone Emerald Challenge over at a.squared.w.....JUST in time for the deadline in a few hours!


I decided to do a mini quilt, measuring 14.5" square, with a zippered back to allow for use as a pillow cover as well. Feels nice and spring-like, which I can definitely use right now considering the unseasonably cold weather we are having around here!


Just raw-edge appliqued a bunch of my scraps onto some linen, then did a bunch of pebble quilting in the open spaces.


A concealed sipper closure (using Svetlana's tutorial), some green binding with a splash of pink, and it is all done!

Happy St. Patty's Day!  Back with my other Emerald project on Wednesday :)

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Beautiful - love the pebbly quilting!

Svetlana said...

hey, look at you!!! what a fun pillow, and your zipper looks fantastic. Love the touch of pink in the binding, too. Good luck with your sew-ivor project.

felicity said...

Ooooh, purty!

Wendy said...

It looks great, I love circles and the quilting is lovely. Must have a go at those covered zippers myself

Katy Cameron said...

Cool, love the raw edge applique/pebbles combo

Kelsey said...

I love the pebbling! It adds such a great texture to the pillow, and feels very spring like too!

Carla said...

This is fun. Lovely quilting