Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coolbreeze cardigan

We have been experiencing more than just "cool breezes" this winter.....more like a full blown deep freeze! So it is super handy to have a woolen cardi on hand.



This one took me SIX MONTHS to complete....a labour of love.  As soon as I saw Tanis' pattern I knew I had to make it.  So when Kaelin requested the mini version for her new baby, it was all the excuse I needed to order the kit to make one for myself, too.  All those dreamy blues and in a dreamy chevron pattern?  Yes, please.





I love so many things about this sweater.  The colors, the yarn, the sleeve detail, the weight. The way the shape of it hugs my back.  It is so cozy.



The one thing is that the collar sits a little weird in the front...if I were to knit it again, I would make the collar longer, or would add it after the fact, and maybe change the position of the first buttonhole so it sits better when buttoned. But overall, I still like it it has been in regular rotation in my wardrobes since I finished it (ummm...2 months ago.  Yup, a bit behind on my blogging!).


10 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

I don't know why but that last photo has me thinking of humorous things to say but my humour is sometimes best kept in a dark cupboard so I'll keep it to myself on this occasion ;-)

Will Cook for Shoes said...

I have loved this cardigan ever since I saw you starting to knit it via your instagram posts. It turned out so lovely and it's such a great colour on you!! Well done!!! I'm looking for a pattern to make a cardigan for myself… but I think this one is beyond my skillz.

Katie B said...

It's gorgeous. Hope all of that snow melts soon! You better start knitting yourself some tank tops.

knottygnome said...

it's a beautiful sweater. i love the gradient yoke!

Amanda said...

I really love this sweater. You did a fabulous job of knitting it up! I need to find some time to crack open the kit I bought last year after seeing yours.

Katy Cameron said...

It's gorgeous, but glad to know you at least got some winter wear out of it for the last 2 months ;o)

Shay said...

Utterly stunning...and since you guys have almost been buried in snow this winter Im sure this cardy is going to get a workout!

Any sign of Spring there yet ?

Jo Ann said...

Gorgeous! Love this sweater. You've got crazy mad skills!

deadlycraft said...

Gorgeous job! Hope you guys get to stop hibernating soon!

Poppyprint said...

Love all the colours, it's a gorgeous knit!!