Monday, March 3, 2014

working on......

A few projects on the go!  Here are a few WIPS I am working on lately.

Most of my crafty energy has been spent knitting lately.  And I have a few things in progress:

Some Snowfling mitts for a swap with the talented Krista of Spotted Stones.  I had so much fun meeting her at the Loon Lake retreat in November, she is the sweetest.  I drooled over every stitch she made, and jumped at the chance to knit her some mittens in exchange for a sewn surprise when given an "in".  I know these will be well loved and used in Alaska!



A wee Sproutlet dress for a babe on the way:



Just need to put some buttons on this baby cardigan I knit while in Jamaica.  Am thinking some covered in Liberty would be nice.



And this, my new favoritest sweater ever, all done and waiting to be photographed! Here is a sneak peak!



I have some beautiful blue Plucky Primo yarn all wound up ready to start this sweater, for me.  Next up!



I have been pretty quiet on the sewing front lately, but have recently relocated my sewing mojo and am inspired to start some new projects and finish some others that have been lying in wait.  To be honest, my sewing area was such a complete mess that I couldn't even beat a path to my machine!  A recent clean and IG fabric destash helped me uncover some long lost favourite fabrics and inspiration is back!  I have a bag pattern and a clutch tutorial planned (it's been awhile since I did a tutorial!) and a new quilt top in the works with this stack of Liberty of London and low volume fabrics, all sliced and ready to stitch!



My favourite sewing project currently is this one: whenever I have a spare minute, I like to put together a couple quilt-as-you-go blocks for The Soy Amado project over at Little Island Quilting, to provide quilts to street children in Mexico.  It is a great way to use up scraps and give back.  I would encourage you all to make a few, and ship them off to Alison to share a little love!  Go check it out! Here are the ones I have made so far.



Finished blocks are 12.5", with backing and batting of the same size attached.  You can make new blocks, or use "orphan" blocks you have sitting around.  I found a few old blocks from various quilts in the bottom of my scrap bin, added borders and quilted, and also made some log cabin and mini square ones from scraps.  They are quick and fun, and come together to make cheerful quilts for kids who need them.

Hope you have a fantastic week!

9 comments:

Ileen said...

Liberty is awesome. Can't wait to see what you have planned. Tried to find you on ig...I am a newbie. Have a great day. Spring is coming! PS I am the one with the hockey quilt in SO Cal. Ileen

Svetlana said...

wow, that's a lot of serious gorgeousness you have going on here.

Future Quilter said...

Great post, having been missing your updates :)
Checked out "Little Island" blog and then "Canadian Abroad" blog - two new blogs to follow! A productive morning, but should really focus on my paid work now.
Have a good one.

What Comes Next? said...

those mittens will be well loved and used, I'm sure. You have some serious goodness going on around your place - liking that new tease of a sweater pattern, and your stack of Liberty fabrics. Thanks for the reminder about the Soy Amado project.

Shay said...

Mojo A gogo...you're on fire girl.

Lots of yarny goodness - those mittens are darling.

And the bag fabrics - tres magnifique!

Nice to hear you're sewing again- I thought you'd taken the pledge to become a star knitter.

Little Island Quilting said...

Noice. Thank you :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Gorgeous knits, and loving the new sews too :o)

Anonymous said...

I love your knitting. It looks so warm and cosy on a cold day. Also, where did you get that mug? My sister would love that mug, and I owe her a gift.

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

Stephanie said...

That gray sweater is so pretty and the pattern quite unique!! Love it!